Advertise with LacyAmanda.Blogspot.Com

19 September 2012

A trip down to Dr GL's Counter

Awhile back I was invited down to Dr Georgia Lee's Beauty Counter at The Center Point Robinson's for a special personal skin consultation. Karen was my skin consultant for the day, she did want to take any pictures so no pictures of her to show you. It's a new experience as it is one of my very first in my beauty blogging career.
 
What's special about this brand is that all products are prescribed, yeah I know I make skin care sound like medicine. That happen to be how this brand of skincare came about. Dr Lee thought that it will be good if skincare can be specially customised for each person and so she set about formulating customised skincare products for Asian skin types. Thereby, the brand Dr GL was born 2 years ago.
 
 
"I believe that Skincare should be simple. When all the frills are stripped, the goal is, simply, good skin. The DrGL line is my personal philosophy brought to life, and I am happy to share it with you." - Dr Georgia Lee
 
 
Just cleansers all alone there are 8 types.
I like the setup of the beauty counter, it gives you a forest vintage feeling. All products are packaged in green and are premium quality products.
 
 
You're my Sunshine!
Something special about their sunscreen is that it's a transparent old free gel. Interesting, right? Not your usual milky ones that make you sticky all over.
 
 
A couple of products in the Dr GL line have won awards from Women's Weekly and Her Beauty World.

 
The line also carries cosmetics. Foundation is one of the cosmetics they formulate.

 
They only came out with on shade for blusher, I'm waiting for more shades.
There's also pressed powders in 3 shades.


 Lipsticks in 4 shades. The effect of the lipsticks are more to coloured lip gloss, not so much of strong colours.
 

Swatches of the lipsticks colour. Ironic.
 
 
Here's the whole series.
There's so many products and so I'm not going to bored you to death by introducing you to everyone of them. I'm just going to do a short write up on two of the products, one of which I love.
 
 

Dr GL Skin Repair

This is the product I love. It's a healing serum with anti-aging properties.
Why I love it is simple. Before I go to bed, I apply two drops of it. The next morning, when I wake up my skin has a Glow about it, look Younger and is Smoother. If the night before I slept late, let's say 4am, I can use Skin Repair as a Cheat and no one will think I have been up to whole night. It's good to keep handy if you're a night owl. Another side point is that it Speeds up the healing of Acne and pimples.
 
 

Dr GL Cleanser Lightening

I was prescribed with Lightening as I has some pimples around my forehead and a bit of scar there. Sad case... Karen thought that it will be good if I use lightening. Lightening Cleanser is for uneven skin tones with pigmentation. This cleanser wash very gently and also help repairs the skin. It has Vitamin C in it which helps cell regeneration. When using, it does not irritate my eyes and makes my skin refreshed after using it. It's not very foamy which is good for the skin as too much foam dries out our skin.
 
A little note here Dr GL products are Made in Singapore.
 
Love
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment